采访Action Learning之父瑞文斯的视频(1)



It is impossible

这是不可能的

to speak about the concept of action learning without mentioning the visionary role of professor

谈论行动学习的概念,而不提及教授的远见作用

Rege.

注册。

Since 1928 professor

自1928年起任教授

Ravens has applied

Ravens已经申请

action learning in many diverse situations

多种情况下的行动学习

from the jungles of Nigeria and the classrooms of Leningrad

来自尼日利亚丛林和列宁格勒的教室

to the Directorates of Belgium.

比利时政府。

In essence,

本质上,

his equation for learning is L plus Q that is program knowledge plus questioning,

他的学习方程式是L加Q,即程序知识加提问,

insight.

洞察力

Program knowledge

课程知识

or knowledge learned from books and experts

或从书籍和专家那里学到的知识

is inadequate to keep pace with a rapidly changing world.

不足以跟上快速变化的世界。

Therefore,

因此

professor Raven suggests that learning should be supplemented by questioning insight

Raven教授建议,学习应该辅之以质疑洞察力

and it is this Question-Based approach to learning that differs from normal training.

正是这种基于问题的学习方法不同于正常的培训。

Learning how to ask questions in conditions of risk and uncertainty

学习如何在风险和不确定性条件下提问

is what action learning is all about.

这就是行动学习的意义所在。

By working together on real problems like comrades in adversity

通过共同努力解决真正的问题,比如遭遇困境的同志

we can learn with and from each other,

我们可以相互学习,

John Mahony and Dennis Lowney spoke to Professor Ravens at the first world Congress

John Mahony和Dennis Lowney在第一届世界大会上与Ravens教授交谈

on action research and process management in Brisbane

布里斯班行动研究和过程管理

and asked what triggered his interest in this area.

问是什么引起了他对这个领域的兴趣。

I think the first.

我想是第一个。

Impression I ever had that we must recognize the limitations of our own abilities.

我曾经有过这样的印象:我们必须认识到自己能力的局限性。

We may have University degrees.

我们可能有大学学位。

We may have been professors.

我们可能曾经是教授。

We may be.

我们可能会。

Extremely highly regarded as competent experts.

被高度视为称职的专家。

But we must also remember that when we deal with reality,

但我们也必须记住,当我们面对现实时,

which is a very complicated thing compared with what you study in the University,

与你在大学学习相比,这是一件非常复杂的事情,

you need something other than your knowledge.

你需要的不是你的知识。

You need to be wise as well as being clever.

你既要聪明,也要聪明。

And this was first brought home to me by my father.

这是我父亲第一次带我回家。

My father was eventually his majesty's principal surveyor of Mercantile shipping,

我父亲最终成为陛下的商船首席验船师,

and when I was very small Britain was then by far the biggest.

当我很小的时候,英国是当时最大的。

Had the biggest merchant fleet in the world.

拥有世界上最大的商船队。

So looking after its safety measures,

因此,注意安全措施,

the design of its ships and so forth was a very important job.

它的船只设计等等是一项非常重要的工作。

And my father when I was five years of age in 1900 and 12.

1900年和12年,我五岁的时候,我的父亲。

Was a major contributor to the



inquiry into the loss of titanic which had sunk in the middle of the Atlantic ocean

对沉入大西洋中部的泰坦尼克号失事的调查

with the loss of 1500 lives.

有1500人丧生。

And I can remember as a little boy of five the excitement of all this.

当我还是一个五岁的小男孩时,我还记得这一切的激动。

But later on I asked my father what he thought he had learned most from this inquiry.

但后来我问父亲,他认为自己从这次调查中学到了什么。

And he said.

他说。

It is the difference between cleverness and wisdom.

这就是聪明和智慧的区别。

You can have all kinds of clever people who will design vessels for you.

你可以有各种各样的聪明人为你设计船只。

All kinds of able.

各种各样的能力。

Mariners to run them out to sea for you.

水手们会帮你把他们送出海。

But if you run into unusual conditions,

但如果你遇到不寻常的情况,

you may have not only to have a lot of experts who understand this,

你可能不仅需要有很多了解这一点的专家,

that and the other you may need wise people who take a wider view and say,

另一方面,你可能需要有更开阔视野的智者,

look here.

看这里。

I think I understand this,

我想我理解这一点,

but there are certain very profound questions.

但也有一些非常深刻的问题。

I should be asking myself if I run away with the idea that I understand everything.

我应该问问自己,我是否带着我了解一切的想法离开了。

There is because I am expertly qualified.

这是因为我很专业。

I'm not going to get into getting into trouble but people around me too.

我不会惹麻烦,但我周围的人也会。

Now this I picked up when I was quite young but it came out later on when I at the age of.

现在,这是我在很小的时候学的,但后来在我岁的时候才出来。

23 the age of 23.

23岁。

When I entered the Cavendish no.

当我进入卡文迪什第。

21,

21,

sorry 21.

对不起21。

I entered the Cavendish laboratory at Cambridge,

我进入了剑桥的卡文迪什实验室,

which was without any doubt the biggest.

这无疑是最大的。

Concentration of intellectual ability on human record we had.

将智力集中于我们的人类记录。

Ten Nobel Prize winners at the time,

当时有十位诺贝尔奖获得者,

ten Nobel Prize winners in one laboratory.

一个实验室里有十位诺贝尔奖获得者。

There are many States which are glad to have one Nobel Prize winner among its total inhabitants,

有许多国家很高兴在其全体居民中有一位诺贝尔奖获得者,

many universities which are very proud to have one in the whole University.

许多大学都很自豪能在整个大学中拥有一所大学。

We had ten in one Department physics.

我们一个系有十门物理课。

And there I learned what my father or I saw,

在那里我了解了我父亲或我所看到的,

what my father had said about the different stream being clover and being wise,

我父亲所说的不同的河流是三叶草和智慧,

because once a week,

因为一周一次,

once a week all these geniuses and for seven years I shared their company all these geniuses.

每周一次,所有这些天才,七年来,我与他们分享所有这些天才的陪伴。

Met.

遇见。

They had a seminar and you were allowed and encouraged to speak at that seminar on condition.

他们举办了一个研讨会,并允许和鼓励您在研讨会上发言,但有条件的。

That you spoke about things which weren't going well with your work.

你说了一些工作进展不顺利的事情。

I haven't I haven't met any organization,

我没有见过任何组织,

anywhere else where the people got together in order to barter their ignorance,

人们聚在一起以交换无知的任何其他地方,

their confusions,

他们的困惑,

their misunderstandings.

他们的误解。

Normally,

正常地

when clever people get together my Golly,

当聪明人聚在一起时,

you should see how they behave,

你应该看看他们的表现,

their,

他们的

their soul,

他们的灵魂,

their only.

他们唯一的。

Activity is to convince each other they know more about what's going on than anybody else.

活动是说服对方,他们比其他人更了解正在发生的事情。

But the Titanic inquiry.

但是泰坦尼克号调查。

Didn't run to that effect,

没有达到那种效果,

nor did the Cavendish and I've heard.

我和卡文迪什家族也没有听说过。

Rutherford Marvellous chap,

卢瑟福神奇小子,

son of a new Zealand sheep farmer,

新西兰牧羊人的儿子,

say more than once,

不止一次地说,

what impresses me most about this discussion is my own bloody ignorance.

这次讨论给我印象最深的是我自己的无知。

What does yours look like to you?

你觉得你的怎么样?

So that was long long ago and one time a chap called Einstein turned up at this,

那是很久以前的事了,有一次一个叫爱因斯坦的家伙出现在这里,

and I had one or two conversations.

我进行了一两次谈话。

He cleaned the blackboard for him,

他为他擦黑板,

so action learning came out of quite.

因此,行动学习应运而生。

Serious discussions about how we were trying to do such things as discovered the neutron or

认真讨论我们是如何尝试发现中子或

find out what the atom was.

找出原子是什么。

So I learn that topics can be very interesting,

因此,我了解到主题可能非常有趣,

but you must never run away with the idea that you understand them action,

但你绝不能带着你理解他们行动的想法跑掉,

learning.

学习

Has in the subsequent 50 years said look if we really are going to understand the mess,

在随后的50年里,他说,看看我们是否真的能理解这场混乱,

this whatever it may be in it is not enough to rely upon our expert knowledge.

无论它是什么,都不足以依赖我们的专业知识。

Expert knowledge is necessary.

专家知识是必要的。

But it is not sufficient.

但这还不够。

We have to learn how to ask ourselves totally different questions.

我们必须学会如何问自己完全不同的问题。

That's what action learning is,

这就是行动学习,

what are the benefits of action learning?

行动学习的好处是什么?

As you see it as distinct from traditional learning.

正如你所看到的,它不同于传统的学习。

Well



let me not Albert Einstein or Lord Rutherford but the schoolchildren of Perth

让我不是阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦或卢瑟福勋爵,而是珀斯的学生们

there must be people even in Brisbane who heard of Perth,

即使在布里斯班也肯定有人听说过珀斯,

I had turned this whole idea that the distinction between cleverness and wisdom,

我改变了这个想法,聪明和智慧的区别,

I tried to simplify it by saying we learn in this life.

我试图通过说我们在这一生中学习来简化它。

That is,

那就是,

we become

我们成为

acquainted to deal with conditions which might arise to-morrow which didn't arise yesterday.

熟悉处理明天可能出现但昨天没有出现的情况。

We get used to dealing with change.

我们习惯于应对变化。

And I am very glad to see that a lot of Australians are asking these questions.

我很高兴看到很多澳大利亚人都在问这些问题。

Things are changing,

事情正在改变,

how we deal with them,

我们如何应对他们,

and the children of Perth heard that I had been talking about this learning equation

珀斯的孩子们听说我一直在谈论这个学习方程式

that I call it.

我称之为。

I say learning consists in two things,

我说学习包括两件事,

what other people tell you.

别人告诉你的。

And what you may think up for yourself.

以及你自己可能会想到什么。

That's a very simple way of putting it.

这是一种非常简单的说法。

But day after day you can be attending lectures.

但每天你都可以参加讲座。

You can even be watching me on television for that or Video for that matter.

你甚至可以在电视上看我,或者在视频上看我。

You can be picking up ideas you get from other people.

你可以从别人那里得到一些想法。

And they may be helpful.

他们可能会有所帮助。

But if you say

但如果你说

this man or this woman understands so much about this topic that I needn't start asking myself

这个男人或这个女人对这个话题了解太多了,我不必问自己

fresh questions,

新问题,

you're in trouble and the school children of Perth.

你和珀斯的学生都有麻烦了。

Somehow found that I had been talking about action,

不知怎么的,我发现我一直在谈论行动,

learning.

学习

Equals P program instruction plus Q questioning insight the equals people are sq.

等于P程序指令加上Q问题洞察力,等于人的平方。

These kids had been picking this up and they they met the children from other schools and said,

这些孩子一直在学这个,他们遇到了其他学校的孩子,说:,

look,



we should be thinking about our school Syllabus and having

我们应该考虑一下学校的教学大纲

much more chance to ask questions than we are getting at the moment.

比我们现在有更多的机会提问。

And they wrote a paper called the Q factor centre which they sent to the Ministry of education.

他们写了一份名为Q因子中心的论文,并将其发送给了教育部。

Saying what we should be doing in school is giving a lot more time to to questioning.

说出我们在学校应该做什么,给了我们更多的时间来提问。

And this has led to many things.

这导致了很多事情。

The Ministry of education sent the paper that these children had written to me in Manchester.

教育部把这些孩子在曼彻斯特写给我的报纸寄给了我。

I said Marvellous to think that here are these youngsters aged between?

我说不可思议的是,这些年轻人都在这之间?

I think 13 and 17,

我认为13和17,

saying how do we develop our questioning,

说我们如何展开提问,

insight.

洞察力

By building AQ Factser centre and I showed the paper that they had written to a lot of

通过建立AQ Factser中心,我向他们展示了他们给很多

people from Lenin Grad,

列宁格勒的人们,

the United States

美国

at a big international conference and said you write from Leningrad to Perth or from.

在一个大型国际会议上说你是从列宁格勒到珀斯或从那里写信。

Cincinnati to Perth or from Stockholm to Perth because

辛辛那提到珀斯或斯德哥尔摩到珀斯是因为

it's only if your children

只有当你的孩子

exchange their ideas with the other children that true learning will take place.

与其他孩子交流他们的想法,真正的学习将会发生。

So what I'm what I'm hoping is that.

所以我所希望的就是这样。

Action learning adds to traditional learning to traditional education

行动学习是传统教育的补充

this positive interest in how do I ask myself fresh questions?

我对如何问自己新问题的积极兴趣?

It's quite true.

这是千真万确的。

Before before I can answer the question

在我回答问题之前

before I can find the answer to the question either by going to somebody

在我找到问题的答案之前

who I think might know the answer

我想可能知道答案的人

or turning to the encyclopedia and looking up the answer there

或者翻到百科全书,在那里查找答案

before I can expect to get the question answered.

在我期望得到问题的答案之前。

I have to discover.

我必须去发现。

What is the relevant question to put this may be a bit difficult to explain?

这可能有点难以解释的相关问题是什么?

But I think the difference between action learning and judicial education.

但我认为行动学习和司法教育之间的区别。

Is that action learning puts the first emphasis upon what it is.

行动学习首先强调的是什么。

You don't know

你不知道

and how you explore this ignorance

以及你如何探索这种无知

of yours in order to say now these are the questions which I should put.

为了说这些是我应该提出的问题。

Now I want the help of other people to answer

现在我需要其他人的帮助来回答

the questions or I must go to the library to get the answer.

否则我必须去图书馆找答案。





阅读 5745